Level Closet Flange?

Users who are viewing this thread

krustythekroom

Reaction score
I'm in the process of renovating my small bathroom. Replaced tile flooring, and noted that the closet flange isn't level. The high side is about 1/4" above finished floor, and the low side is about 1/16" above finished floor. Is that an issue? If all of the closet flange is at least higher than the finished floor, will the was ring account for the difference in height from side to side? I saw one video where it was suggested to add a spacer, but grind it flat. Is that overkill?

Attachments

• 20171114_062105.jpg
    20171114_062105.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 182

Reach4

Reaction score
I'm in the process of renovating my small bathroom. Replaced tile flooring, and noted that the closet flange isn't level. The high side is about 1/4" above finished floor, and the low side is about 1/16" above finished floor. Is that an issue?
No.

Reach4

Reaction score
With wax, it is not even that sensitive. While a closet flange with the top of the flange 3/8 below the floor is not ideal, it still works with enough wax. Your numbers are right in the sweet area. Wax has its own thing to watch for: you should not compress and then decompress it. Thus have your shims in place before dropping the toilet.

The Fluidmaster "better than wax" product seems to have a problem with slopes. https://terrylove.com/forums/index....ing-toilet-giving-off-odor.72659/#post-536023 is a recent thread.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks