Let's talk inducer sleeves

Users who are viewing this thread

DStyduhar

Reaction score
I know for 4" sub pumps, folks use 4" sewer pipe or similar. Never done this in person but seems like the pipe would be a snug fit over the pump.

What should I do if I'm using one of those 3" SQ pumps? Our pump guy has never put a sleeve on a 3" pump but said he would prob still use the 4" ABS seal even though the pump is smaller. Would be a much looser fit and im worried the sleeve might move around and loosen up or something

Should I use a 4" ABS seal or a 3" ABS seal for a 3" pump sleeve?

Also, when using an ABS seal for a sleeve I'm sort of worried about he pipe falling off even if I dog down on the well seal. Screws? Tried searching but cant find picture of using well seal for sleeve.

thanks,

Drew

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
I don't like to use a well seal to make a shroud. It makes the OD larger than just splitting the pipe and using a 4" hose clamp like this.
shroud 3 pics.jpg

DStyduhar

Reaction score
Thanks for the info.

- Thin wall pipe?

- How much longer should the shroud stick out past the pump?

- Why did you clamp the shroud so low on the pump? Can you clamp it up higher?

thanks,

Drew

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
The clamp just needs to be above the inlet, and the bottom of the shroud just needs to be flush with the bottom of the motor. No sense in making it longer than needed. I use 100# pipe in 4" size, and yes you can make it longer and clamp it higher if you just want to.

DStyduhar

Reaction score
when using an extra well cap for inducer sleeve, where do you guys make and position the wire splice? Should it be above or below the new cap?

Attachments

• wiresplice.jpg
    wiresplice.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 216

DStyduhar

Reaction score
What's bad about having to pull the wires through the extra well cap and then splicing? Arent there rubber bushings to protect them as they go through the cap?

thanks,

Drew

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
What's bad about having to pull the wires through the extra well cap and then splicing? Arent there rubber bushings to protect them as they go through the cap?

thanks,

Drew

Sure. But if you don't use the well seal and have thin wall pipe you can cut pie shape wedges out of like the following, then you don't have to cut the wire to take the shroud off.

shroud 3 pics.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks