LED strip Lighting and DIY problems

Users who are viewing this thread

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Woo Hoo! way to go JW!

I was hoping he would post pictures or video.

I was having a problem hacking his new thermostat. His IP keeps changing.

Or maybe it is all of the Red Lights making his WiFi connection go crazy.

Last edited:

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Ikea has a lot of new LED light fixtures like chandelier style, desk lights, undercab pucks and strips etc at reasonable prices. Anyone try them?

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/departments/living_room/20515/

Most of the stuff I have bought at IKEA is crap. Here in Vancouver they have sold Euro fixtures with no European to North American adapters. I find this reckless. Once I learned of these I stopped using IKEA all together. That is a company looking for profits over anything else. Sad.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Here is a link - WARNING XXX RATED (Must be 21 our older and not offended by **** to link through) LOL

Not to bad.

A lot of that stuff you just need to change the power cord. You should not need another adapter.

Most of the Switching supplies can operate up to 250 VAC 50 - 60 HZ.

You buy the one with the correct Plug on it.

Have Fun.

alanwangwang

Reaction score
i do my own led strip install , i use 5v ws2813 led strip rather than normal 12v ,24V led strip , as it is 5V ,so it is more safe , and it is addressable , so it is different from normal led strip , it have data cable ,GND ,5v, can make many amazing color effection.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks