leaky outdoor faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

KFARM

Reaction score
I have an outdoor mansfield frostproof faucet in my garage. The faucet is dripping water and causing puddles in garage floor. I shut the water connection off in my house. Then I unscrewed the screw in the middle of the blue handle, but I could not get the handle off to get to the screw. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get this handle off. Please reply. Kfarm

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
The older mansfields have a sealing plug behind the nut you loosened and they are tight and hard to pull off. I my 20 years of plumbing I have learned that hose bibs are not worth fixing. In fact I won't repair one any more. All I will do is replace them. Of all the ones I repared in the past 95% ended up being call backs and end up being replaced anyway. You could try and replace the washer and it may work for a while but if it were me I would just replace it and be done with it. There are some nice 1/4 turn hose bibs on the market and Woodford makes a freeze/burst proof one (not 1/4 turn) that is about $10.00 more than the regular one.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks