Leaky handle after I turn faucet off

Users who are viewing this thread

pb2

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a Kohler single handle faucet that leaks from the handle AFTER I turn the water off. I replaced the cartridge with a new one, with the hopes that it would fix the problem, but no luck. I've noticed that if I pull the spray head down, it doesn't seem to leak (or at least as much).

It seems to me that there's some pressure buildup in the spray head that is coming back through the handle. I don't know how to fix this though.

Here's the faucet I have.

Here's a picture I took of what's going on:
uWKSfCRXu_l0MH-cIx8_ecvs3g3klAQcZxKyeu4hLfiCr1SHscpvl92kGe77D7hkRShu_258UHu0MA=w2160-h1216-no

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
It leaks at the handle? ......Maybe you need to take it back apart, clean everything and make sure there is no trash in anything. Make sure all the o-rings that are suppose to be in there are there. Lubricate everything real good with a silicone based lubricant and put it back together.

pb2

Reaction score
Get a new cartridge from Kohler, 1-800-4KOHLER. You may have to send them a photo so they can identify the model number.

I replaced the cartridge today. No luck. In the process, I cleaned the inside as well. Didn't add any lubricant. Also, there's no plumber's tape - should there be?

Pb2

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
There is no water in the "spout" above the cartridge so the cartridge, or maybe an internal check valve if the faucet has one are the only possibilities.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks