Leaky drain vent on roof

Users who are viewing this thread

rick at home

Reaction score
Maybe someone can help me.
I have these two drain pipes on my roof. One is from my toilet, and one is from my kitchen sink.
When it rains, these pipes both leak !! the water rides down the side of them all the way to the cellar !! what should I do ?

Toolaholic

General Contractor Carpenter
Reaction score
Is it up 3 storys and You're in a wheelchair! One story and You're fit and handy?
pitched roof with comp shingles? Flat tar and gravel? Fire away I'm a GC:)

JeffH

Reaction score
Vents leaking

Assuming that your vents are not damaged below the roof level, get some Henry's Roof Patch and patch around the flashing or the base of the vents. Because of the shingles, you can't always get to the base of the vent(s). A roofing professional would be a logical choice if the job is beyond you.

Leejosepho

DIY scratch-pad engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.nonameyet.org
For my typical pitched roof, I have a molded rubber boot that slips down over the pipe and has a flange that can be nailed or cemented to the roof. Uphill from the vent pipe, the flange of the boot should be tucked in under the shingles.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks