Leaking washer hoses

Users who are viewing this thread

Kim Nieuwenhuis

Bracelady
Reaction score
My mom passed away last year so decided to move her newer maytag Neptune front load washer and dryer to my house and move my top loaders to the cabin. Had a new set of metal braided hoses so hooked them up and turned on the water and started squirting water out the middle of the connection. So thinking it may be thee hoses-bought another new set and same problem. So read those ever built hoses may have leaking problems so went back and got the l bracket GE style after reading about others problems. But same thing so now wondering if when they installed or removed the hoses from her place if they weren't cross threaded? Seems like there is something blocking the pressure when I turn on the water. But since it is a cheap plastic connection my other thought is purchasing a new valve and trying to install it myself-didn't look too bad-am a single but handy lady-so may try to tackle before having to invest in repairs. Thought it would be great having these-but now want my top loader back!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The connector may have been cracked...it may not be the hoses at all. A closer inspection would be required to tell for sure...hard to say without being there.

Kim Nieuwenhuis

Bracelady
Reaction score
The connector may have been cracked...it may not be the hoses at all. A closer inspection would be required to tell for sure...hard to say without being there.[/QUOTE
Thanks-didn't see any cracks but noticed the threading on the hot side seemed to not be right-so assuming somewhere along the line it may have gotten cross threaded.
I think I will just order the new plastic valve replacement to try and hope that is all it is!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Washer hoses can be difficult to thread up without crossthreading. I find that I really need to slow down on the connections to the back of the unit. Made of plastic and very close together. No tape needed on anything there. The hose will come with a rubber washer that does all the sealing.

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
If indeed the plastic connector is cracked or has a faulty thread, you can contact the mfg for a replacement part.

Bgard

Reaction score
If indeed the plastic connector is cracked or has a faulty thread, you can contact the mfg for a replacement part.
If machine was exposed to freezing temperatures the valve may be cracked

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks