Leaking Kithen faucet. Part issue with new shower faucet and old issue with Oval toilet flange

Users who are viewing this thread

Syncman

Reaction score
Kitchen faucet was dripping into cabinet. Huge mess. Pretty sure it was from inside the brass mounting tube with all the pipes. Hooked it up to some Faucets where we are remodeling the basement toilet and NOTHING. 4 hours now no leak. Any tips? No idea as to brand.

New shower faucet came with broken part. Kohler Rubicon. Worst faucet instructions I ever seen. 5 sets of instructions, none of which relates totally to the parts in the box. Correct valve, wrong faucet handle. Correct faucet handle, wrong valve etc. There are various adapters and mounting plates included. This brass extension piece was broken. Searching website, its discontinued. Are these extension pieces available retail? Kohler is not relying to emails.

Anyone have a good suggestion to seal the OVAL toilet flange? Had a blocked sewer and water Leaked from under the toilet into basement. 3 wax rings didn't do the job.

upload_2021-8-8_15-48-7.jpeg

upload_2021-8-8_15-48-36.jpeg

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Kitchen faucet was dripping into cabinet. Huge mess. Pretty sure it was from inside the brass mounting tube with all the pipes. Hooked it up to some Faucets where we are remodeling the basement toilet and NOTHING. 4 hours now no leak. Any tips? No idea as to brand.

Most likely that the hose leading to the sprayer is leaking in the body. Pull out rather than Pull down faucets are a terrible design because when the spray head leaks or just becomes loose, it leaks Into the cabinet where you don't notice it for a long time.
New shower faucet came with broken part. Kohler Rubicon. Worst faucet instructions I ever seen. 5 sets of instructions, none of which relates totally to the parts in the box. Correct valve, wrong faucet handle. Correct faucet handle, wrong valve etc. There are various adapters and mounting plates included. This brass extension piece was broken. Searching website, its discontinued. Are these extension pieces available retail? Kohler is not relying to emails.

Where did you buy a "new" shower valve that is discontinued? The spline parts are common to most Kohler shower trims and should be an easy part to find. Kohler is probably slammed right now but they should be responding to emails.. if you actually use their official site email and not some online review that they sometimes respond to. I've always gotten great customer service from Kohler including video chats. Speaking of which, I just got an email update on some backordered parts we purchased from Kohler a month ago.

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Those PVC flanges are total junk. They break readily. AVOID reusing or add a S.S. ring.
I would:
1. Rambit it out and put in a stainless steel ringed flange.
Sioux Chief make some offsets but unfortunately I doubt it matches the exact form factor.
or
2. Break the slab and do the closet flange properly.

Reach4

Reaction score
Anyone have a good suggestion to seal the OVAL toilet flange? Had a blocked sewer and water Leaked from under the toilet into basement. 3 wax rings didn't do the job.
Are you asking how to attach a toilet and seal? I see what look like two gray screwheads. What is that?

When using wax, it is important that the toilet not rock. That usually requires shims. You should place the shims where they will go before dropping the toilet on the wax. That way you will not have to de-compress the wax.

Vigorous plunging can blow even properly-done wax out.

Syncman

Reaction score
Most likely that the hose leading to the sprayer is leaking in the body. Pull out rather than Pull down faucets are a terrible design because when the spray head leaks or just becomes loose, it leaks Into the cabinet where you don't notice it for a long time.

Where did you buy a "new" shower valve that is discontinued? The spline parts are common to most Kohler shower trims and should be an easy part to find. Kohler is probably slammed right now but they should be responding to emails.. if you actually use their official site email and not some online review that they sometimes respond to. I've always gotten great customer service from Kohler including video chats. Speaking of which, I just got an email update on some backordered parts we purchased from Kohler a month ago.

Home Depot. One month later they 50-00 off on clearance and discontinued at Kohler. I had a "repair ring" screwed to the floor, But its not long enough to cover the oval at the rear.

repair-ring-black.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks