leaking joint @waste pipe & closet flange

Users who are viewing this thread

Paperprofit

Reaction score
I have a toilet closet flange that is leaking at the first joint where it's cemented to the waste pipe. I'm pretty sure of this because I examined it from below and it looks like the leak is definitely originating from the joint, not above it (for example, at the wax ring).

The closet flange and waste pipe both are black plastic. I assume it's a cemented joint. (My house was built around 1980.)

How should I go about trying to fix it? Should I try to remove the toilet and try to remove the closet flange and re-cement the joint? I can get to it from below but not easily. (The toilet is located above a drywall soffit in the kitchen but I have already cut holes in the drywall to see what was leaking.)

Would appreciate any suggestions for how to go about fixing this leaking cement joint. (I don't think it's the wax ring).

Thanks so much.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks