Leaking Grohe Integrated Thermostat Valve 34 436

Users who are viewing this thread

BrockB

Reaction score
I have a Grohe Integrated Thermostat valve (34 436) that leaks just as it does for many other people. The problem is the middle O ring on the stop valve plunger. I managed to get the O ring sizes from Grohe and find that the middle O ring is an odd size: 6.5 x 3 mm (the other two O rings on the plunger are 8x2 mm, a standard size). I have discovered that such a size is hard to find, but have also discovered that Honda motorcycles use a 6.5x3.1 mm O ring in the cam chain tensioner. I currently have a 7x3 mm O ring in the faucet right now, and it seals (7x2.5 mm does not, nor does 6x3 mm), but it's too big for the valve to operate smoothly. I hope this information helps someone else. It would appear that Grohe has gone out of its way to use odd sizes that force consumers to cough up $35 for an O ring kit (one of the O rings is 32.7x1.3 mm!?) when only two O rings are needed for repair.
Grohe says the two O rings on the stop valve body are 19x1.5 mm and 20x2.5 mm, both readily available.
Should your stop valves leak, remember to get rid of hard water deposits first. I soaked the valve bodies and plungers in a lime-removing liquid to make sure they were clean before replacing the O rings.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks