Leaking Cold Water/Beverage Faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

AlGreen

Reaction score
The faucet for our filtered water is wet where the spout meets the base. As you can see, it's been this way a while, hence the corrosion. Is there an internal washer at the leaking point that can be replaced? Trying to find out before I bother taking it apart vs. just buying a new faucet.

Cold water faucet.jpg

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Try fixing it by taking it apart first to see which part failed.
What brand is it. Do you have your original faucet diagram?
Plan B: replace.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
There are two kinds of faucets, one is just a faucet and the other is for RO systems. You usually won't find parts for these. They are priced from about $50-$100 and it look new. As you stated, perhaps too much corrosion. If it is an RO faucet, google APEX Water and cold water dispenser.

AlGreen

Reaction score
Thanks guys. The faucet was here in the house when we moved in six years ago. No marking on it that I can see. It has a single line of plastic tubing running to it from a filter inline with the cold water in the basement. (Not RO.)

Water Filter.jpg

I've been looking for replacement faucets, but it's been tough finding one with the design you see in the first photo--most are more modern looking and won't go with our kitchen.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
You probably know that it is the standard 10" filter housing. Everybody under the sun sold them. I sold hundreds of them at Sears and they still can be bought. The only difference might be color and the printed label. Some have a clear plastic jar. I believe they were originally made by Ametek and that division were sold a few times in the past twenty years.

AlGreen

Reaction score
Yep, it's one of those 10" filter housings.

So sounds like repair of the current faucet isn't an option, and I should look for a new one. Even though I don't have an RO system, it seems that the type designed for that is ok, since that's what I have now, i.e. one line and no air vent. Is that right?

GL77

Reaction score
Those faucets often come in a set with the filter. They can be pretty cheaply made. You can find replacements by searching for 'beverage faucet.' There are quite a few in different styles, many are really cheap. Delta and other suppliers have beverage faucets that are quite a bit pricier and better made.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks