Leak under slab

Users who are viewing this thread

Steve3737

Reaction score
Hi, I have a leaking water line under my slab with little to no hot or cold water pressure. The photo is of where my house ties into the street. I believe the leak maybe in cold water line (going to my kitchen water heater and laundry) noted by the arrow in the photo. My thought is to cut the top off of the manifold lines and install a PEX manifold with ball valves on all lines in a attempt to isolate the broken line. Then run PEX up through my attic. I'm not sure of what kind of manifold I need to do this or even if its a good idea to try for a solution. Any suggestions would be appreciated

0.jpg

Last edited:

oldVermonter

Reaction score
Hi, I have a leaking water line under my slab with little to no hot or cold water pressure. The photo is of where my house ties into the street. I believe the leak maybe in cold water line noted by the arrow in the photo. My thought is to cut the top off of the manifold lines and install a PEX manifold with ball valves on all lines in a attempt to isolate the broken line. The run PEX up through my attic. I'm not sure of what kind of manifold I need to do this or even if its a good idea to try for a solution. Any suggestions would be appreciatedView attachment 83424
I think it’s time to hire a pro, and pronto. This is potentially a really serious problem, and you need to resolve it ASAP.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Is not a bad plan. You'll have to be sure of everything that is tied to that line, and run new piping to all of it. It seems like a big pipe to only have one fixture attached to the other end of it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks