Leak in crawl space under toilet piping

Users who are viewing this thread

davidme

Reaction score
I have a small leak in the crawl space coming from the toilet pvc piping. Suspect the wax seal has gone bad, could it be from something else. Appears to be coming from wax seal flange area. The house is 13 years old. I can't image it would be a bad flange. Toilet has been removed. Planning to replace wax seal. Any suggestions how to proceed.

davidme

Reaction score
Normally it's the wax seal. The toilet forum here has a sticky about installing a TOTO Drake which will show you what works.
Normally it's the wax seal. The toilet forum here has a sticky about installing a TOTO Drake which will show you what works.
I found some cuts on the inside on the pvc pipe about 1.5 - 2 inches from the top of the pipe. Could find no visible damage on the outside. What can I use to seal the pipe from the inside so I do not have to replace the pipe.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks