Leak in copper Line

Users who are viewing this thread

TACullinan

Reaction score
I have a copper supply line with a leak. The line is difficult to access because it runs above an HVAC duct. I had a plumber come out and tell me that the HVAC will have to be moved and that the HVAC probably made the line leak. Well, I have LOTS of plumbing lines cross-crossing over HVAC - does it all need to be moved/replaced? Was the plumber right that the copper lines should not run on top of HVAC (note the lines don't touch the HVAC - they run about one inch above it). Thanks for any information.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
The pros on this forum may have a different opinion, but I see know reason why the HVAC would have anything to do with the copper line leaking if there is no contact between the two. I also see no reason why the HVAC would have to be removed to make the repair. You may have to replace a length of pipe if the leak can not be accessed. Perhaps there is more to the story?

Thatguy

Homeowner
Reaction score
In my area they added orthophosphate to the water to prevent pinhole leaks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks