Leak from under hot water tub handle

Users who are viewing this thread

J Davis

Reaction score
Leaks from under the handle when I turn on the hot water. Not sure what this washer is, picture below. What replacement part(s) do I need? I'm assuming a washer, but I am by no means a plumber. This is from a two-handle tub that massages with bubbles, not a Jacuzzi brand, no brand or identification available without tearing into a wall. Thanks for any help finding the right part(s). Thanks.
upload_2016-6-20_21-28-23.jpeg

upload_2016-6-20_21-30-37.jpeg

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
It is an American Standard AquaSeal and there are only short ones and long ons. Most hardware stores will have a replacement and also the seat which is usually the real problem.

J Davis

Reaction score
It does appear to be American Standard Cadet, with 16 Splines, and about .375 diameter broach. (I had to look this up to see what that meant). The metal part without the washer is about an inch and a quarter long, with the washer it's about an inch and 3/4. I put it back in after taking the handle off, and realized it wasn't tight, tightened it and it quit leaking. So it works for now. However, I also note that the cold handle sits up above the ring, and the hot sits right on the ring, so there appears to be a cylindrical part missing between the ring and the handle. Assuming the entire assembly is American Standard, I will now search for that. I will also purchase a replacement set of stems, the old one does look worn.

Thanks very much for the help, none of the local area stores had a clue. If I can buy what I need from the sponsor of this thread, I will certainly try to do so, even though it's no great purchase. Thanks again.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks