Leak from nut on polyB main supply line how to fix?

Users who are viewing this thread

LOLplumbing

Reaction score
I have a 3/4" blue polyB hose coming out of the ground supplying water to my home. It uses a grey nut that then attaches to a brass coupling that then attached to my main water shutoff valve, then goes to the water meter. The collar around the grey nut is starting to drip water, as well as the coupling between it and the shutoff valve. Replacing the blue hose is out of the question. What would be the best way to replace the grey nut on the polyB hose and install a new main shutoff valve? I attached an image of what I'm dealing with.

I was thinking of cutting down the blue hose a bit and crimping a 3/4" polyB to PEX adapter on it, then take a 3/4" PEX pipe and put it on the end of it with a 3/4" full port ball valve with a drain. Is that sufficient? Since this is all plumbing before the main shutoff valve I want it to be quite resilient. Not sure if a compression nut like what is being used now is any better than a 3/4" polyB to PEX adapter. Thoughts?

Attachments

• 20220618_212425.jpg
    20220618_212425.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 108
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks