Leak at well/water tank

Users who are viewing this thread

Beanster

Reaction score
I just found a small leak coming from a pvc connection going towards our well tank. See the picture.

I'm capable of doing light plumbing but this one has me worried because I dont know how to shut off pressure from both sides of the leak.

The leak is between the well tank and manifold to the tank. I assume there is pressure on both sides (pressure from the tank and siphon-like pressure from the well). I think the gray device to the left of the leak is a check valve so that would help.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Joe

Attachments

• Pc024582.jpg
    Pc024582.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 9,783
Last edited:

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
You shut of the water to the house with the red handled CPVC ball valve.

You shut off the power to the well pump at the panel box.

You drain the water out of the well pressure tank through the black handled boiler drain valve and a garden hose, or piece of hose.

The gray thing... I've never seen a check valve like that before. It makes me think it might be a backflow prevention device but... either way, I suggest you remove it when you fix the leak. A check valve there prevented you from knowing of problems in the well; like a leaking drop pipe or pump check valve.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks