Laundry Standpipe and Sink Setup

Users who are viewing this thread

Julian Lockhart

Reaction score
Laundry Tub (in Garage), Laundry Standpipe and cleanout (in Laundry Room). Does this look good for Florida?

Thanks
Laundry.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
Laundry Tub (in Garage), Laundry Standpipe and cleanout (in Laundry Room). Does this look good for Florida?

Thanks
View attachment 56388
Florida uses IPC. Given that, you might have to use 3 inch at and beyond the lower santee. Seems overly pessimistic, but that's what it looks like. See Oklahoma uses IPC. The washer standpipe output should be 2 inch but go up to 3 inches when it joins another drain, and you join with the sink. https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/washing-machine-pipe-sizes.83667/#post-602970

This is the only case that I know of where IPC is more restrictive than UPC. I am not a plumber.

Julian Lockhart

Reaction score
I was concerned about that 3" rule. If the inspector balks I guess I'll have to drain the washer into the a sink. Thanks.

Reach4

Reaction score
I was concerned about that 3" rule. If the inspector balks I guess I'll have to drain the washer into the a sink. Thanks.
I would bet the inspector would have no problem with that. You can ask the inspector in advance, or you can put it in and hope.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks