Laundry Sink Pump Plumbing PVC or ABS

Users who are viewing this thread

Herbie

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm plumbing in a new washer and laundry sink and pump in the basement. I'll be tying into the existing ABS waste line. I'd appreciate any input here on a couple of questions:

Any benefit to sticking with all ABS from the new pump to the existing waste line? I'm not a fan of the rubber sleeve check valves I'll need to install above the pump discharge. I wish they would start making the solvent weld with union check valves in ABS instead of only PVC.

If I install new PVC from pump to existing waste line, I could use my preferred check valve but then I'd have to tie PVC into ABS. I've solved this in the past by tying in an ABS MIPT adapter and then connecting a PVC female threaded adapter to it.

Maybe either choice is good? It might be kind of dumb Im getting hung up on my choice of check valve.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks