Laundry center water valve

Users who are viewing this thread

lkrides

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a single handle water valve for our laundry center. I have found that the cold water is a lot less forceful than the hot side. I noticed that there is a slot in the main body of each side. The hot side slot is turned to about 2-8 o'clock and the cold side slot is 12-6. I tried to turn the cold side slot with a leatherman screwdriver and it would not budge. If it is really adjustable I will try with a real screwdriver. Is it adjustable or should I think about having it replaced? I have attached a pic of a similar valve.

Attachments

• legend-laundry-T-11.jpg
    legend-laundry-T-11.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 292

Seaofnames

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.boilermakers359.org
What are the supply pipes made out of?
How old are the valves/pipes?
Anyway to test the pressure coming out of each one? You may have pressure, but not enough flow(pipe blockage if its galvinized)

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If you haven't already, take the hoses off and check the filter screens that are probably at the ends...you may find it's partly clogged and either replacement of those or cleaning may resolve the issue.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Sure sounds like a filter problem. Usually it's the hot water collecting debris from the water heater, but there's a reason they put screens on both hot and cold. This would be the first thing I'd check. If the is debris in the screen, try to determine what it is and perhaps you can determine where it is coming from.

lkrides

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies everyone!

I will check for clogged screens. I disconnected the hose and the flow pattern was scattered when I ran the water, but i did not think of a clogged screen. This thing takes 10-15 minutes to fill when set to cold only.

When I turn the water off there is still some flow on the cold side. If the slotted screw just holds it all together does that mean I can disassemble and repair this valve?

The pipes are copper and about 24 years old.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Yes, that screw goes through a washer, and compresses things to create the seal. If you can find the same brand and model, you can reuse the part attached to the pipe and just screw on a new one.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks