large flow restrictor

Users who are viewing this thread

broiler

Reaction score
I need to limit my gpm to 80 going into my UV system.

Back round info for the one that want it.
Recently switched from well water to reclaimed water on our farm. We have to do secondary filtration before we can use the water for our livestock. We have a 2†meter, 2†service line, cartridge filter 96 gpm, UV purifier 83 gpm, and then feeds to different parts of the farm for the livestock. During a recent inspection I was told that I would have to limit my gpm to under 83 because of the UV purifier. I do not think I get close to 80 gmp, but who knows. The incoming psi ranges from 75 to 85.

I have done some internet searching but have not found anything useful.
I have talked to the local plumbing supply houses, but could not find anything.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
There are many types of "flow controls" ranging from venturi plates to using sections of smaller piping. BUt most require that you know the dynamic pressure of the liquid since volume is a function of pressure.

broiler

Reaction score
I went and closed all the output valves to the different buildings and the gauge read 92 psi.

hj thank you for pointing me to a lot of good reading. I have a better understanding now.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks