Laing SM-303-BSW Ciruculating Pump

Users who are viewing this thread

Superduper

Reaction score
I believe this is a straight circulating pump ... no thermostat, no timer. Apply power, it runs, take off power, it stops. I think this is meant for mounting near the water heater, and powering a recirc loop.

I have been using a Laing Autocirc pump for about 8 years -- this has a timer and a thermostat, and sits under the sink of my furthest bathroom. Works like a champ. When in the 'on time', it will keep the hot water at a set temp (something like 85 or 90deg) and then shut off. In the 'off time', it doesn't run. You can use a thermostat here, because this is where you want to control the temp. Model: ACT-303-BTW - Autocirc. Designed for a situation where you don't have a dedicated recirc line -- uses the cold water line to push water back to the tank. Warms the cold line up a bit, but not a big deal compared to a hot shower without a 5 min wait (and probaby 10-15 gals of wasted water).

Rshackleford

Reaction score
Website
www.agriindustries.com
yes this is a straight recirulation pump. it does run all the time. it has worked pretty well and is keeping the kitchen and mud room water at the ready.

i am considering getting a timer for it and setting it to run a few hours in the morning and evening instead of all day every day.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks