Korky Toto universal flapper question

Users who are viewing this thread

jscivias

Reaction score
Hello, I was unable to locate the model number of my toto toilet anywhere (in the tank as well as the lid), just that it says "Toto 1.6Gpf / 6.0Lpf". The toilet wasn't flushing once in a while, only to flush by itself (phantom flush?) randomly. I thought maybe it was time to replace the flapper (blue and looked old), and got a Korky universal flapper. Two things I"m a little unsure about - I forgot about the arrow setting and just installed the new flapper, no idea at which setting it is, and also I'm not sure if I was supposed to add the flapper plug or not for this specific toilet. When I tried flushing it seemed to work, but just wondering how much of an issue the incorrect arrow setting and the flapper plug might cause down the road.. here is a video of the toilet flush after I replaced the flapper:

https://streamable.com/5svw99

i actually installed this for a family member who has even less of a clue than me with these things, and i won't be able to visit for a long time so really hoping i did this correctly.. any advice appreciated, thank you

Reach4

Reaction score
Seems like a short open-time.

Does the plug increase the open time? Maybe try it.

They sell adjustable flappers that work nicely.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks