Korky (and/or Toto) flapper settings for Toto Drake II 1.28gpf toilet?

Users who are viewing this thread

bigred123

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Searched but couldn't find the answer to this. Does anyone know the correct settings for the Drake II? Looking for the Arrow Setting, Chain Length and Lever Hole setting for the Korky 3060BP universal 3" model (others have said the Toto specific one has some issues so recommended the universal 3" instead).

I believe the Toto toilet model is CST454CEFG#01. The Toto flapper replacement is noted as THU253S which I see was replaced by THU499S which is now replaced by Toto Model #THU500S (which I believe is Korky anyway!).

Thank you!

https://www.korky.com/sites/default/files/media/product/pdf/3060bp_1.pdf

Link added by Mod

korky-3060-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Eco Drake setting on that flapper is 1
I would be inclined though to set it at 3.

korky-3060-toto.jpg

I put one of these on a 1.6 GPF Drake today and used the 6 setting.

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The magic setting is where the bowl and the tank both get filled at approximately the same time. So, note where the bowl is, flush it, and see where the bowl level goes. If the valve is still running when the bowl is full, you want to make the flush shorter. If the bowl ends up less than full, the flush needs to be longer (i.e., let more water out).

To figure out the 'full' level on the bowl, slowly add water from say a pail until it stops rising and stays there, or the level where it returns, if you overfilled it a bit (that might take a few seconds). That's the 'full' level.

korky-3060-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

bigred123

Reaction score
UPDATE - I ended up ordering the Toto version, THU500S. Toto suggested I use the settings for the ST454E model which is 1 for the Arrow, 17 for the Chain and 2 for the Lever Hole. Using these settings it seemed like the lever hole was too far away and the chain length was too long, as it did not let the toilet flush long enough when the toilet was flushed.

So I checked the old flapper that I removed (original with the toilet, all grey) and it had a chain length of 17 and a lever hole of 3. No arrow setting as it was specific I guess for that toilet model.

The toilet filled to the correct level, so the Arrow setting of 1 seemed to be correct. I reduced the slack in the chain as I found the chain seemed different between the old and new models. I'm at a chain setting of 10 or 11 now (which seems ok but may need a bit more slack..but I'm not touching it now), and a lever setting of 3.

Hope this helps others as this is a very popular toilet. Thanks.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You can also bend the brass rod if it's just a small adjustment you need.
Replacement flappers come with really long chains and often I wind up removing some of the extra links.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
When setting the chain slack, you want enough so that the flapper won't have a chance of being hung up by a too short length, and not too long so that it can't pull the flapper up. My experience is maybe a link or two slack so that the lever is actually lifting the flapper shortly after you start the stroke.

SoFlaSam

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Searched but couldn't find the answer to this. Does anyone know the correct settings for the Drake II? Looking for the Arrow Setting, Chain Length and Lever Hole setting for the Korky 3060BP universal 3" model (others have said the Toto specific one has some issues so recommended the universal 3" instead).

I believe the Toto toilet model is CST454CEFG#01. The Toto flapper replacement is noted as THU253S which I see was replaced by THU499S which is now replaced by Toto Model #THU500S (which I believe is Korky anyway!).

Thank you!

Link added by Mod

korky-3060-2.jpg
Hi Folks,

Thank you!

Link added by Mod

korky-3060-2.jpg
Hi Folks,

Thank you!

Link added by Mod

korky-3060-2.jpg
I have been assembling the parts to replace the inside workings of my TOTO Drake model ST743, watching relevant YouTube videos and reading forum posts when I came across this thread. TOTO's video on replacing the flapper has a settings chart at 0:35 but it's indistinct and you can't read it. When my replacement flapper arrived I discovered that chart is on the back side of the package and lists settings for MANY models. I scanned the front and back and am posting it here in case it helps anyone.

Attachments

• TOTO Replacement Flapper THU500S replaces these models.jpg
    TOTO Replacement Flapper THU500S replaces these models.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 415
  • TOTO Flapper arrow-chain length-lever hole settings.jpg
    TOTO Flapper arrow-chain length-lever hole settings.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 1,905
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks