Kohler Wellworth 1.28 GPF incomplete flush. they wouldn't have made the 1.6 if 1.28 worked as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

moar

Reaction score
Recently put in a new Kohler Wellworth Classic. I got the K-11464-0 kit. Something I have noticed right away is that I can see a bit of foaminess and tint to the water after use. One day, I disposed of left over Coke into it and noticed it was still brown after a flush. Tested it further by putting in a bit of food coloring right into the standing water in the bowl and flushed it and clearly noticeable amount of color remained. This positively proves that this toilet does not completely displace the bowl contents in one flush. This means that for a toilet that is infrequently used, residual urine will grow bacteria in it over the next few days.

This toilet came in a kit and it's a combination of a K-4197 bowl and K-4467 / 1.28 GPF tank.
There's no GPF rating imprinted on the top, but the sticker on the side says 1.1-1.6. After additional research, Kohler lists a different compatible tank K-4458, dual flush 1.1 and 1.6GPF.

Logically speaking, if 1.28GPF worked just as well as 1.6GPF in every way, they would have skipped 1.6 GPF from day one this bowl went into production and they would have offered a 1.1/1.28 dual flush instead of 1.1/1.6.

k-11464-0.jpg

photo added by admin

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks