Kohler transfer valve rough in depth

Users who are viewing this thread

Jimmy k

Reaction score
Hi ..I am installing a 2 or 3 way kohler transfer valve and trying to rough it in for correct depth. My finished wall will be 1 inch thick and the framing is 2x4. If I follow the directions I have to use less than a 3/4 inch cleat between the studs for correct depth...this is much less than the 1 and 1/2 thick cleat used per directions for the rite temp mixing valve mounted under the transfer valve...any help would be appreciated thanks..jim

James Henry

In the Trades
Reaction score
You can simply mock up your wall by placing a couple 2 x 4 blocks on the floor and lay something on the blocks the the thickness of the proposed finished wall and then you can determine the correct depth for the valve. I have also made the holes in the 2x 4s next to the valve large where the hot and cold lines attach so I can shim the valve out towards the finish wall if need be.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks