K-1954 Kohler Touchless Flushing Retrofit

Users who are viewing this thread

Reach4

Reaction score
As a computer science person - just another thing to go wrong. Electricity & water don't mix! :)
Sure they do: powered bidet seats, water softeners, electric toothbrushes, pumps, water heater anodes, and more...

Jackie1

Reaction score
The newer Fluidmasters have a component to slow the flow so they are quieter, just like the Kohler versions.

Oh no! Maybe I will keep my stock setup then., This tank fills in like 10 seconds! It's just a little loud. But, when and if you need a courtesy flush, you want a speedy filling tank!

How can I post a video on here?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Oh no! Maybe I will keep my stock setup then., This tank fills in like 10 seconds! It's just a little loud. But, when and if you need a courtesy flush, you want a speedy filling tank!

How can I post a video on here?

If it's a youtube link, it will load itself.
Or use the tool pick and pick the item that looks like two film clips.

Jackie1

Reaction score
If it's a youtube link, it will load itself.
Or use the tool pick and pick the item that looks like two film clips.
Because I'm a tinkerer and enjoy seeing if/why something can/can't work. From all the photos and instructions I've read, I didn't see why it wouldn't work.

I just intalled the unit. I less than 5 min, no joke. It works with my Jacuzzi toliet ball cock setup. Fits good and snug, (the module is adjustable and you put it up as close to the lid as possible) and the when the ball rises to the top it's just shy of touching the touchless module. Perfect fit.

I was planning on replacing the ballcock anyway since it's always been loud as hell, like an airport. I actually bought the fluidmaster fill valve and the korky (which the box says it's extra quiet) to play around, thinking I'd need them, but haven't installed any of them yet. But it DOES fit with the ball cock.

Now, and recommendation over the fluidmaster or Korky? Is one really quieter than the other? Also, the one thing I love about this toliet is it fills up super quick. Will the new fill valves fill as quick?

View attachment 26540

Of course I held the camera the wrong way, alwasys forget to do landscape. It's been 1 month since my install with the ball/cock setup and no phantom flushes so far. :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks