Kohler Tank wobble

Users who are viewing this thread

MrStop

Reaction score
I just installed a Kohler toilet from Costco for a client. However, the tank has a bit of side to side wobble. The bolts seemed to be tight and I'm a bit nervous to really crank on it. My next client is considering a Kohler Cimarron and I'm fearful of the same issue as it shares the same tank connection design (bolts through metal plate rather than tank).

Is the wobble inherent in the tank design, or am I just a wuss? Is there something to eliminate or minimize the wobble?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Normally I don't have issues with their tanks. It can happen with any brand though, and sometimes sneaking in a rubber shim on the wall side takes care of it. It could also be that the rubber tank to bowl gasket hasn't compressed enough. And sometimes there is some movement. It's not a deal breaker.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks