Kohler Shower valve, need help identifying a piece

Users who are viewing this thread

ROCNDAV

Reaction score
I have a Kohler shower valve that leaks like crazy. I finally had some time Sunday evening to look at it. Upon disassembling the shower valve, I see its an unusual design (I'm no professional, but I have never seen a design like this). I wish I would have taken pictures of the pieces, but it was late and I had to do something. I've created a paint drawing and attached it.

The lever turns a shaft which is threaded, which sends an actuator in and out. on this actuator are two slip fit cylindrical pieces that house the O-rings (one for hot, one for cold). The O-rings butt up against these two brass fittings. one of the brass fittings has worn away (possibly due to debris in the line?), and unable to form a seal against the oring.

These fittings are almost the diameter of 1/2" copper tubing on the oring mating side. The threaded size (which threads into the housing) is 11/16-27.

Does anybody know what these pieces are called so I can order replacements? If not, do you know what this style/design of shower valve is called? Kohler's site only has newer design shower valves and is no help.

Thanks in advance.

rockndav-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ROCNDAV

Reaction score
I have been on their site, thats the problem, it is an older unit, and I cant find the model on their site, nor the model number any where on the valve assembly.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks