Kohler San Souci vs Toto Ultramax II

Users who are viewing this thread

Sparty

Reaction score
Kohler released a new one-piece, San Souci, looks nice, concealed sides, etc. have read great reviews in the Toto Ultramax II, but aren't sold too widely here and dealer info is scarce. Any thoughts?

k-5172-terrylove-02.jpg

Asiangem

Reaction score
I love Toto toilets the best - but I need a grey color compact toilet for a duplex. But Toto does not make it in the grey color. Thus I've been looking at the Kohler San Souci K-5172-RA which is flush handle type. There is no review on this model but it does come in grey. I don't see it online available anywhere. But maybe Terry Love can order it. The only information I found for reviews by customers was the following:

The Kohler San Souci Touchless K-4000 was reviewed on Homedepot - there were all 10 customers who bought it almost everyone of them gave it a 5 star or 4 star.

Some customers stated that The Kohler San Souci Touchless Comfort Height 1 Piece 1.28 GPF Elongated Toilet with Aquapiston Flushing Technology in white, has powerful flush for a 1.28 gallon toilet, one of the better design features is that most of the area in the toilet bowl is covered with water so solid waste can be removed with ease.

The San Souci Touchless flush feature provides a perfect flush every time.

The San Souci toilet has a comfortable 16.5 inche height and a shallow depth of only 27.75 inches, making it ideal for small spaces. The height is comfortable but still a bit high for us short people. Even though this was an elongated comfort height toilet, it took up less floor space than the small, round toilet they had previously. The shorter tank also takes up less "visual space" making the whole bathroom feel larger. The one-piece design prevents leaks common in two-piece toilets from the holes attaching the tank to the bowl. Cleaning behind the seat is also much easier with a one-piece toilet.

Operation: Even though this is low flow it is HEAD OVER HEELS more powerful than their last low-flow toilet. No need to double flush. To flush: you must hold your hand over the button (on the top of the tank) for about a second, then you hear a quiet beep before the flush. No problems accidentally setting it off when reaching for a tissue, etc.

They had the toilet delivered, the trucking company gave a delivery window of 8 hours....when it was delivered the truck driver leaves it in the driveway on a pallet, the toilet is 94 pounds so have someone around to help.

As for installation KEEP in mind this toilet is 94 Pounds! and it is very difficult to line it up on the flange, the install kit gives you 2 thin plastic depth gauges that get easily moved and broken while trying to get the toilet set on the flange, we used small dowels to help line up the screw holes.

With that said they were very happy with the design and function.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks