Kohler Roman tub faucet identification

Users who are viewing this thread

Mrbeing123

Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone could help me identify this roman tub faucet. I bought it on **** a long time ago hoping to replace all the seals in it and use it on my tub. It is a very substantial piece weighing in at just over 14 pounds. I see no markings other than 27C stamped on the body. Thanks in advance

DSCN2146.jpgDSCN2147.jpgDSCN2148.jpg

Last edited:

Mrbeing123

Reaction score
Though still curious as to the age of this faucet, after taking it apart, the wear seals were run of the mill flat round rubber seals. And the stem used compression packing. So after a cleanup, should look and be as good as new. Thanks

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I have no idea what that is, but I "can" see that it is very old.
It looks like the stuff I throw out. Sorry............
It may be a good idea to leave access in case it's replaced later. It's normally good practice with a "hidden" faucet, to have a model and brand that has available parts for future repairs.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Your spout and handle trim... a little rough shape. Next to zero chance that you will ever be able to replace those. It is your call, but almost unanimously on here, we would advise against EVER using a faucet from "the bay" or "the list" and a Roman Tub ( because of limited to no future access) would be at the very bottom of the "never-never" list. Just one man's opinion.

Mrbeing123

Reaction score
I agree with yall. I bought this at a time when my money was worth far more than my time, but that has changed. The original plan was to strip, buff and relaquer the whole thing. Change all the seals. I have access to a full machine shop, so can easily one-off parts if needed. Now, looks aside, if the thing could work properly for a few months while I save for the Delta Victorian roman tub faucet, I'd be very happy. Thanks, and I will make sure of access if the thing fails and for when to change it out. and I did find that the manufacturer is kohler. Very obscurely placed

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks