Kohler right temp looking shower valve with a different cartridge.

Users who are viewing this thread

ronald ryall

Reaction score
Evening. I have a what looks like a Kohler right temp shower valve or it looks like a
K-304-PX-NA model and it leaks a little. When I removed the cover I found a seat and spring style
cartridge instead of the usual right temp cartridge. It looks like the same body though.
Is this an old style cartridge that I can just swap out with new style and if I swap out the cartridge do I need to change out the valve cover too? Iv'e added some photos to help.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Photo Jan 18, 10 48 10 AM.jpg
    Photo Jan 18, 10 48 10 AM.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 201
  • Photo Jan 18, 10 44 49 AM.jpg
    Photo Jan 18, 10 44 49 AM.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 209

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Best is to replace with genuine parts made for your faucet. Not another style, not after market parts.

ronald ryall

Reaction score
Best is to replace with genuine parts made for your faucet. Not another style, not after market parts.
I cant seem to find any parts pertaining to this style of cartridge anywhere online, factory or after market. I would def prefer factory. was just wondering if this style was an older style of the right temp system and kohler had replaced the cartridge with a new model.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks