kohler rialto k3402 pb toilet sweats

Users who are viewing this thread

hnlulu

Reaction score
Have 2-kohler rialto k3402 pb toilets,they both sweat most of the summer kohler can't help.is there a insulation spray i could use,these are one piece toilet.Thanks

RCraig

Reaction score
mixing valve or new toilet

You might take a look at my thread on need insulated tank. My plumber told me that the insulation you put in doesn't stay on. I am buying an insulated toilet tank. Do you live on the East coast ? R

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I would first dye test the toilet to make sure it is not leaking. Most of the time a toilet that sweats badly has a leak causing the tank to remain cold all the time.

RCraig

Reaction score
good point

I am pretty sure that what Redwood means is to put food coloring in the tank, then wait and see whether, without any flushing, the water in the toilet bowl turns that color.

hnlulu

Reaction score
Yes- we live in hampton bay's long island new york.In the summer its very humid,thanks

RCraig

Reaction score
Good Luck

I can relate to the heartache of a sweating toilet, so I hope you figure out a solution. Mine completely inundated the bathroom below when the hot humid weather came up suddenly. Mold, peeling paint, the worst! So I hope you figure out a good way to solve your problem. I have a toilet sweat drip tray, which has helped to some extent. You could try that as an interim possibility. The problem with the drip tray is that it is pretty shallow. It also doesn't always stay particularly level. End result is that you can accumulate a pool behind your toilet and by the time you become fully aware of it, it is too late.
So anyway, best of luck.

Ruth
Expert, Sweating Toilet Dept :D

Last edited:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Modern low-flow toilets are not as prone to sweat as old fashioned high volume ones. Here's why. A low-flow toilet not only uses less water than an old fashioned one, it uses only part of the water in the tank. That means less cold water comes into the tank and since the water coming in has been sitting in the pipe for awhile, it has already warmed up. The incoming water mixes with the water that remains in the tank after flushing which is also warmed up. Old fashioned full volume toilets uses all of the tank's water and requires several gallons to refill. The means that the new tank water is much colder that that in a low-flow, and it's the cold water that causes the sweating.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks