Kohler review

Users who are viewing this thread

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
The wife wanted a skirted toilet, so she ordered a Kohler that looked nice in the reworked original bathroom in our fixer. I was not consulted in this and had no input whatsoever in this purchase. I'll try to flesh this out over the next days as time allows. Not sure which model this is, but it's the dual-flush skirted toilet that looks like a Beluga whale with a government issue tombstone sticking out of it's head.

Late for me, but I'll pick back up tomorrow or over the weekend. More to tell.

bmdc_06.jpg

https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/kohler-persuade-review-pictures-and-comments.18791/

Last edited by a moderator:

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
Persuade. Thanks, Reach. I ran out of time and could not follow up; forgot the name of the toilet too.

Ok, I've lived with this toilet for a few months now and I'm ready to report in.

The water spot is about the size of a Big Mac, I often find paper in the bowl after I know it's been flushed, and that's about it. Don't mind holding the button down an extra two seconds to make things go away. I didn't get a complimentary brush with this unit, but I'm thinking it could be a good selling point. The china on the Kohlers has always been top notch, so no problem there.

So, here's what brought all this on. Doesn't have much to do with the quality of Kohler products, more of a question for the people in this community who like to solve problems.

I flushed my little whale-head toilet a few days ago, and was surprised to feel the wind whistling past my freshly washed fingers as the tank sucked in air to replace the gallon of water which exited the tank in maybe four seconds. It never occurred to me to be concerned about this, but if the tank is having to draw in air through the tiny seams between the big flush/little flush buttons on top of the tank lid, what effect is this having on the force of the flush, generally? Also, the lid on this jewel is a very nice (tight) fit.

Comments welcome.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
When you hold the flush handle down for those extra seconds, you totally defeat the water saving. It now will dump the entire tank of water. I have 2 Totos and have never had to do this except when cleaning the bowl and wanting an extra rinse.

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
If time allows, sometime in the next few days or weeks I'd like to tape the lid down with some painters tape, then maybe tape some plastic over the flush buttons, then flush it and see what happens. Not sure what to use for a control. Maybe a square of tissue floating on the water? Will it go down? Stay tuned.

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
When you hold the flush handle down for those extra seconds, you totally defeat the water saving. It now will dump the entire tank of water. I have 2 Totos and have never had to do this except when cleaning the bowl and wanting an extra rinse.
It's good to remember that our waste water is not being pumped up to the mother ship to be transported across the galaxy to nourish the turnip green farms on the mystery planet Varsoola. It'll come back around.

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
If time allows, sometime in the next few days or weeks I'd like to tape the lid down with some painters tape, then maybe tape some plastic over the flush buttons, then flush it and see what happens. Not sure what to use for a control. Maybe a square of tissue floating on the water.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks