Kohler Readylock + Revolution 360 - a Drake 2 step up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Nathan Maycher

Reaction score
So we've had a Toto Drake 2 for three years, primarily because of reviews on this website, and the MAP testing results. It's been solid since we bought it, and we love that it's easy to clean given the nature of how the water enters the bowl (aka Double Cyclone Flushing System). We're looking for a new toilet and Kohler just released the Corbelle with a similar system they call Revolution 360. It looks good, but no MAP test as of yet, so not sure how it will perform.

I'm curious though on folks experience with the Readylock system, which has been around for awhile. I like screwing down trapway firming to the exit flange and that if you need to pull the toilet, you can leave the trapway (and wax gasket) installed. However the gasket in the back of the trapway that the toilet sits in concerns me. It seems like another leak point and in the rare situation where you plunging it, adding pressure to the system could be an issue. It also needs to be very firm to avoid sewer gases from entering the home, since it's after the p-trap. Any thoughts from folks who have used it, or speculation by pros?

Reach4

Reaction score
I think that is like the system discussed here: https://terrylove.com/forums/index....k-3981-comfort-height-skirted-one-piece.68308

I expect that gasket is a rubber ring that the porcelain cylinder from above fits thru/into.

tresham-1-adapter-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Toto has a similar system that's been around for over a decade called Unifit. Not all of their toilets use it.

An alternatve to wax is to use one of the waxless seals out there.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
You were happy with your Toto. I would say stick to the Totos. If you want a snazzier Toto, some of them use the Unifit adapter, which Kohler apparently just ripped off. Most of the time, it is many years before you need to pull the toilet. The main advantage of the Unifit is that it can give you a better fit vis a vis the wall. A good standard toilet installation still works just fine.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks