Kohler Pompton K3400PB - replacing guts and supply

Users who are viewing this thread

forgetcolor

Reaction score
I have a Kohler K3400PB toilet. The guts have been giving us trouble off and on for years. The latest issue is that it's leaking whenever we flush. The leak is coming from somewhere along the supply line, visibly dripping from the point where the supply goes up inside the toilet. I can't tell from where any better than that.

I found a replacement for the inside parts — at least I think it's the correct part: Kohler 30688.

However, my whole supply also looks a mess. Tons of corrosion, for example. SO I want to replace that too. Kohler lists it as K-56281-CP (1/2 angle supply w/ stop). That part doesn't appear to exist anymore. But I'm thinking it might have been replaced with K-7653-CP?

I know that these parts are expensive, but the toilet fits perfectly in the tight spot it's in so I'm inclined to refresh it. I'd appreciate any guidance on whether these parts look right?

k-30668-parts_4.jpg

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
The 30668 is correct. As far as the stop goes you need to duplicate the inlet on the valve and use a 1/2" OD supply to the ballcock. This toilet uses incoming water to complete the flush.

kohler-30688.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks