Kohler Memoirs Ingenium Flushing System

Users who are viewing this thread

johannanoel

Reaction score
Building new home and after reading here I'm set to purchase two Toto Drakes. However, I do have a question I haven't found addressed here or on the toilet rating link. I love the looks ;) of the Kohler Memoirs elogated bowl toilet. I am using the Memoir pedestal sinks but the toilet area is separate from the sink area so they don't HAVE to match, hence the Totos. What is the scoop on the "ingenium flushing system" used in the Memoir line? Good, bad, to be avoided? Would like to get them for the looks but not at the risk that they are poorly functioning, etc. Thanks for any input or advice. Johannanoe.

kohler_memoirs_shepard.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dc_homeplumber

The only thing "Ingenium" does is swirl the water in the bowl just as the majority of the pre-1.6 gallon toilets did, only with less water. Some people are happy with their Kohler toilets. From what I read here, many are not.

Every test -- with the exception of Consumer Reports -- rates Toto's Drake and Ultramax as the absolutely best performers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
MaP testing gives the Kohler Memoirs with the Ingenium flush a 125 gram rating.

To compare,
The Toto Clayton with G-Max flush has a 675 gram rating.

Needless to say, I'm pulling a lot of Kohler toilets with Ingenium and replacing with G-Max Toto's.

Toto Clayton

johannanoel

Reaction score
Thank you. That is pretty much what I was expecting to hear. :D I'll stick with the Drake and not take my chances with the Memoir. Thanks again. Johannanoel

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks