Kohler Memoir Toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

missin44

Reaction score
I have a unique problem. I want to replace my old toilet. The problem is the the bathroom has a hardwood floor and the old toilet instead of sitting on the hardwood floor actually sits on the sub-flooring. The hardwood was trimmed to fit around the base of the toilet, it's base is rectangular. This limits the number of toilets I can retro-fit without a lot of work. After going to Loew's I found that the Kohler Memoir K-4254 / K-4454 should work, it has a rectangular base. Any idea what to expect with this toilet?

memoirs-side-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike50

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Good choice.
I have the memoirs 2 piece toilet. Good clean wash-good flush. Very happy with it.
You need feedback from the pros.
Floor issues will remain--I don't care how good your toilet is.

The memoirs has a large footprint-very substantial.
I'm guessing you want that large footprint to cover up some wood floor damage...?

The matching sink is a big compliment in that suite BTW.

http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecata...tem=508202&prod_num=Memoirs+Suite&category=77

2 choices-either classic or stately design.

Last edited:

missin44

Reaction score
The floor is not damaged, it's that the footprint of the Kohler fits almost perfectly in the cut out that was done for the old toilet.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks