KOHLER K-690-CP Vinnata Kitchen Sink Faucet Spout Loosening from Valve Body

Users who are viewing this thread

John Endopax

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have just realized a threaded insert in the bottom of the spout of this Kohler single-handle faucet has begun to back out of the faucet's valve body, as shown in the attached photos.

Can anyone assist me in the steps needed to resecure this faucet's spout? I greatly appreciate your time and assistance.

John
Kohler Vinnata Kitchen Faucet spout and valve body.jpg
Kohler Vinnata Kitchen Faucet spout and valve body - 2.jpg
Kohler Vinnata Kitchen Faucet spout and valve body - 3.jpg

I have just realized a threaded insert in the bottom of the spout of this Kohler single-handle faucet has begun to back out of the faucet's valve body, as shown in the attached photos.

Can anyone assist me in the steps needed to resecure this faucet's spout? I greatly appreciate your time and assistance.

John

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
Are you talking about this? I can't imagine a needle nose pliers being used on this.
img_1.jpg

John Endopax

Reaction score
Are you talking about this? I can't imagine a needle nose pliers being used on this.
View attachment 52540
Thanks for your reply. Since the spout spins freely above the threaded portion, my challenge is how to tighten down the threaded portion back into the valve body. This scenario developed after 13+ years of excellent performance. My wife and I don't even know how we did it, since the spout cannot rotate 360 degrees due to the adjacent window.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
It was never intended to come apart at that point after it left to factory, so if you call Moen, they will probably send you a new one.

John Endopax

Reaction score
Thanks, cacher_chick for your reply. If I get a replacement spout, does the entire valve body need to be removed because the spout cannot rotate 360 degrees? Or do I need to get both a spout and a valve body?

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Oops, I thought it was a Moen. I would start by looking at the parts breakdown from Kohler to see that joint was never intended to come apart. Moen or Delta would replace the faucet under their warranty it it came apart at a joint where it was not intended to. I am not sure about Kohler.

I think the spout pulls up off the pivot bearing which would then enable you to turn the nut back down. If you get that far, I would use some blue locktite on the threads to help keep it from unscrewing again.

Last edited:

John Endopax

Reaction score
Oops, I thought it was a Moen. I would start by looking at the parts breakdown from Kohler to see that joint was never intended to come apart. Moen or Delta would replace the faucet under their warranty it it came apart at a joint where it was not intended to. I am not sure about Kohler.

I think the spout pulls up off the pivot bearing which would then enable you to turn the nut back down. If you get that far, I would use some blue locktite on the threads to help keep it from unscrewing again.

You are very savvy, my friend. The faucet has indeed been manufactured to allow replacement of the spout separate from the valve body if needed, and you correctly cited the fact the spout is pressure-fitted on the top smooth-walled cylinder whose white base is seen abutting the proximal end of the spout. Kohler was willing to send both a replacement spout and valve body for this 14-year-old faucet, but I asked only for the connector to start which they have shipped. I can have them send the larger components at no charge if needed.

FYI, the performance of Kohler's products in our home and the level of support they have provided have been nothing short of superb. Every plumbing fixture in our new-construction home is made by Kohler. Other than toilet flapper valves needing to be replaced over those 14 years, my only other activity has been my replacing the cartridge in the same Vinetta kitchen faucet discussed in this thread at the 13.5-year mark. Kohler shipped me the cartridge at no charge. Pretty impressive performance in the most frequently used faucet--by far--in the house. I can only tell you my relatives and friends who own Moen, Pfister, Delta, and others have not fared nearly as well as we have, and yet I know people who genuflect to those brand names. As you well know, perceptions are not always supported by reality.

While I hope I will not have to spend additional time on this excellent forum, I am well aware participants like you who possess great expertise are available to assist. Thanks again.

HHC

Reaction score
It's good to see that there are other Vinnata owners out there. We have a 16 year old one for which we just received a replacement hose, under warranty, and replaced it, but are now finding that the body of the faucet is no longer prevented from rotating. The 2 screws on the plate under the counter, (which seem to apply pressure as the only way to secure it), are fully tightened but don't seem to be preventing rotation, and even allow a little wobble. The base and escutcheon are perfectly stationary, but the faucet base is easily rotated. This link seems like the most description I can find, but doesn't get much farther than the tightening of the underplate screws:
https://support.kohler.com/hc/en-us...mbly-for-Vinnata-or-Clairette-Kitchen-Faucets
and the general section here on securing under the counter.
Does anyone know extra measures to secure this?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks