Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You should be fine with that. It uses their Aqua Piston flush valve.
If you feel you need a little more on the flush, holding the handle down to drop more water still works. Though it does flush fine the way it is too.

Reach4

Reaction score

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
The list did not live up to your billing. That lists has a lot of non-odd toilets.

I see it has the Vitra toilet. I have a friend in California who got a free (to him) Vitra toilet from some water use reduction program. If we define odd as not working well, it is odd.

I was referring to several names that I had never seen nor heard of. See anything on that list with the most bang for the buck? Most of the American standards are MaP at 1000 - but really high priced for an import.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Mapp numbers are mostly meaning less. It's a lot like horsepower in cars. Sure., you have to have some, but it's pointless to put 1000 horses in a car used for normal driving. Kohler and American Stsndard are well known brands, but I would suggest you examine the Toto line before you buy. Toto is the leader in modern toilets today.

Ballvalve

Reaction score
I examined the hell out of toto - I put one in a rental 5 years ago, maybe a 1.28, and I was beyond amazed. But under this program with a 200$ [!] rebate, they have to be 1gpm and all the totos is see on their list [a nightmare to read] are well over $375. Nice thing is, these seem to meet USA content standards, so they are made here. The American Standards at 1gpm have also gotten greedy at $375 ++. so if I am going to break my rule and get an import, at least the Kohler will only cost me $65 total. And I don't know if the Kohler is an import anyway. Sometime the tank can be USA and the valve from Mexico and the Bowl from USA. This world is getting complicated with global sourcing. I would in a heartbeat buy the 1.28 toto but I don't get my $200 tax dollars back from GOV.COM. They are even giving $250 off of water tanks, cisterns, for rain collection. I don't know if they inspect the install, but to get a $1,000 tank for $750 is a gift. I might look thru that list of theirs and find a toilet for $199 - then I can buy 5 or 6 for free for rentals. Finally America gives back to the little guys. Thing is 98% of people don't take the time to get these incredible giveaways.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
I examined the hell out of toto - I put one in a rental 5 years ago, maybe a 1.28, and I was beyond amazed. But under this program with a 200$ [!] rebate, they have to be 1gpm and all the totos is see on their list [a nightmare to read] are well over $375.

Yeah, $340-350 if you really, really shop around for the Drake II 1G. But you're right, most of the Toto line is 1.28 now. Just the Drake II 1G and the Ultramax II 1G and the Promenade 1G and the Vespin II 1G and the Promenade II 1-piece 1G, as well as a couple of in-walls and Neorests. Nothing in the lower-end beyond the DrakeII 1G Too bad no Original Drake 1G bowl; probably because it wouldn't rinse the bowl well enough, if I had to guess; you need that no-rim-hole flush.

Free is nice, but if your tenants go on a rent strike because you have fitted toilets that work poorly, the $150 might have been worth it. I do see your point though.

Last edited:

Ballvalve

Reaction score
Yeah, $340-350 if you really, really shop around for the Drake II 1G. But you're right, most of the Toto line is 1.28 now. Just the Drake II 1G and the Ultramax II 1G . Free is nice, but if your tenants go on a rent strike because you have fitted toilets that work poorly, the $150 might have been worth it. I do see your point though.

After getting a headache from all night shopping, that Kohler I found with a MaP of 800 delivered for $268 looks the best. $68 bucks for a toilet that I can get parts for for another 20 years, or at least someone.... looks good. There is a site linked thru my .GOV rebate that you can search every toilet on earth and they rate them by MaP and tell the internals. Gravity for me! Got enough trouble with well pressure tanks to have a little one in my toilet!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks