Kohler Highline pressure assist install

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by johnfin, Aug 30, 2020.

1. johnfin

johnfin New Member

well my powerflush kohler went well. 1 hr for the job. Seal was easy. Only issue was the plastic inlet on the tank was slightly damaged. I sanded it so the id was smooth and its drip free now. Could not find original hard pipe so i went braided.
    I also noticed my stop is 5/8 compressing. Cant find any local store with one.

Attached Files:

2. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

It's called 1/2 inch nominal compression. That is 5/8 OD.

If the pipe is in good shape, you could consider one of the the 1/2 inch 3/8 out SharkBite stop valves

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. johnfin

johnfin New Member

Terry was talking about the caulking to the floor code and leaving a space open. Is that a uniform or international code. The florida code says:
    405.5Water-tight joints.
    Joints formed where fixtures come in contact with walls or floors shall be sealed

5. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Retired Systems engineer for defense industry.
    The toilet wax ring seals the toilet from the waste system to the floor...sealing around the outer front 3/4 or so of the toilet helps with sanitation (stuff getting caught underneath) and to help hold the toilet from moving, which will damage the wax seal. I suppose you could interpret that rule that the whole toilet needed to be sealed, and functionally, it won't hurt, but makes discovering a leak down the line much harder before some damage could occur. Wax rings are pretty reliable, but aggressive plunging can cause a blowout.