Kohler faceplate question

Users who are viewing this thread

FatDaddy

Reaction score
I have the Purist K-T14421-3 and my diverter button set screw is loose. In order to tighten the screw I have to take the faceplate off and it seems to be held up by something. I can put a putty knife behind it but it is just not coming off and I do not want to damage anything.
Kohler support is jammed up and is not answering.
Any thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_1403.JPG
    IMG_1403.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 175

FatDaddy

Reaction score
Never mind...I need to remove the collar #871118. I think I will ask Kohler for the "special tool" if I can get through.
Thanks anyway...I have always liked this site!!

FatDaddy

Reaction score
Thanks. Will do,tomorrow. Kohler said the same. They even suggested needle nose pliers but that does not look too plausible. I will hit the collar with Kroil or white vinegar...probably Kroil. Then I will give it a try. Should work but these simple jobs frequently go on too long.
Again,thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks