Kohler deck mount handshower

Users who are viewing this thread

Opihi59

Reaction score
I have a Kohler deck mounted diverter valve and hand shower on my tub. The mount for the handshower has been the problem, I believe the PN for my product is K-10342. The ensemble is very well built as expected of Kohler, but the part which goes through the deck the handshower hose goes thru has broken on me 3 times now. It is made of plastic for some odd reason--everything else in the set is brass and very sturdy. Part number for the "shank" (their nomenclature) is 75100-58. Why this part was not made to the same Kohler standards I have become accustomed to is beyond me. We do not mistreat this item, there is no force applied to it, no pulling on it, etc, and no children in the house. Nonetheless, it has broken 3 times now, and twice since July of this year.
Does ANYONE have a suggestion for a substitutable part for this, like made from brass/metal rather than this plastic part? It costs only about $8, and Kohler replaced it free once, but short of going to a machine shop and spending a fortune for a one-off fabrication, I have no real options here. I have called Kohler and asked for help in finding a substitutable item where there is a brass shank, but no help there.
This is a very expensive ensemble, and I do not care to scrap it and replace it all. Any thoughts out there? Thanks.

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Due to the thread size you would need to replace the complete spray holder assembly. Look at Danze # DA604626. It is solid brass and a nice quality. Much better quality than there faucets.

kohler-hose-holder.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks