Kohler Corbelle vs. Kohler Irvine

Users who are viewing this thread

Cheap Dad

Reaction score
In our search for new toilets, my wife expressed that she would like a skirted bowl to make cleaning easier. To some extent, that reset my searching but I'm down to the Kohler Corbelle and the Kohler Irvine. My local supply house only has the Irvine on display, so I'm limited on seeing both in person.

I say that because we were heading in the direction of a Kohler Highline Arc but when we went to see it in person at Home Depot, the tank appeared undersized. I'm sure its not functionally, but aesthetically, we thought the tank should be bigger.

I've seen some reviews of the Corbelle that suggest that the tank is narrow, which makes me concerned that once we get it out of the box, we'll have the same reaction as the Highline.

Does any one have any input on choice between these two? For reference, my cost on the Corbelle is nearly $225 less than the Irvine.

kohler-irvine-01.jpg

Kohler Irvine

kohler-corbelle-02.jpg

Kohler Corbelle

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
There is nothing wrong with the sizing of the tank. You're only dropping 1.28 gallons no matter what. Or.....unless you hold the handle a bit longer instead of letting it drop quickly.
But regardless, they are both going to flush well with 1.28 G the way they are designed to do. Don't worry about the tanks.
Pick a style you like and run with it.

tresham-1-adapter-7.jpg

The adapter for the skirted bowl.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks