Kohler Cold labeling question - confused

Users who are viewing this thread

Brucetrav

Reaction score
Hi - I recently purchased a Kohler Elliston faucet to be installed. (http://www.us.kohler.com/us/Ellisto...k+faucet/productDetail/Non-Catalog/909761.htm). As you can see on the pic, the flat side of the handle is supposed to face outward.

When I got home after the plumber installed the faucet, I noticed he installed the round side out. However, when I look under the sink, the cold stem is clearly labled with the cold sticker. Everything else works fine......cold is cold, hot is hot, cold turns on clockwise, hot turns on counter clockwise.

My question.......does the sticker matter? If the plumber installed the stem marked "cold" on the hot side, could he have configured it to still open counter clockwise? Or would that stem then open clockwise, which would be odd for the hot side.

If it matters, is it odd that Kohler mis-marked the cold stem but it still opens correctly? At a loss here.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
It looks like from the picture that the flat part of the handle faces the user.
Both handles would turn in to open the faucet. It sounds from your description that it's installed correctly.

kohler_elliston_faucet.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks