Kohler Cimarron flush valve leak

Users who are viewing this thread

mcotter11

Reaction score
This thread was extremely useful to me.

I wanted to add my experience to this thread.
We also have a Kohler Cannister/aqua-piston/class five.

I had issues with with the toliet leaking and after changing the circular valve several times, I opted to change the entire system to the flapper valve.

I ordered the kohler 04-2306 flush valve kit. It cost about $20. This is a ~ three inch flapper valve and I believe the one mentioned above in the post by user “plums away” above. The install was extremely straight forward. The only difficulty I had was that the nut under the water tank is extremely large and the tools I had on hand were not adequate to remove the nut. I needed to dremel out the old valve. Kohler recommends a spud wrench or this purpose.

The remainder of the install was very easy. YouTube videos on how to change the flush valve were helpful.

It only has been a few weeks, but the new valve kit has been working great. If the flapper fails, I hopefully can replace it with an off the shelf korkey three inch universal flapper.

Hopefully this will helpful for someone.

I have a question on how you did the replacement. I have the same issue where I have replaced the seal many many man time. My water is sandy apparently even though it is city water and not well. I purchased a Fluidmaster 400AKR to replace the entire thing.

When I pulled out all the AquaPiston parts, the gasket from the tank to the bowl has a plastic X in the middle preventing the new seal from sitting inside that (see picture). How did you get rid of this? Did you cut it out, remove the whole gasket?

WIN_20200730_11_59_15_Pro.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
I have a question on how you did the replacement. I have the same issue where I have replaced the seal many many man time. My water is sandy apparently even though it is city water and not well.
A whole house cartridge filter with bypass or a 100 mesh wye strainer seems, to me, worthwhile to install.
777m1-tif

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks