Kohler bathroom faucet leak

Users who are viewing this thread

GregO

Reaction score
Hi All,

Wife and I recently found our 9-year old Kohler bathroom faucet (K-16100-4a chrome plated) leaking out of the hot and cold stems (mostly out of the hot side). Anyone know of a "convenient" way to purchase new stems (cartridges) or have Kohler replace the valve stems without a receipt? Only 2 people use this faucet daily with minimal abuse, so having it last only 9 years disturbs me.

Thanks for any help!
Greg

Hackney plumbing

Homeowner
Reaction score
Hi All,

Wife and I recently found our 9-year old Kohler bathroom faucet (K-16100-4a chrome plated) leaking out of the hot and cold stems (mostly out of the hot side). Anyone know of a "convenient" way to purchase new stems (cartridges) or have Kohler replace the valve stems without a receipt? Only 2 people use this faucet daily with minimal abuse, so having it last only 9 years disturbs me.

Thanks for any help!
Greg

Sure call Kohler and ask them to replace the stems. If they will not then buy the stems from kohler.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Faucets have "wear and tear" parts. You don't drive your car for 9 years and not expect to buy tires, brakes, etc. That said , Kohler may or may not provide them free, but you can certainly but the stems from a plumbing store ( not a box store) or on line. The website is www.kohlerserviceparts.com For some reason, I can not get on right now, but enter your model number in the model number box. You will see a diagram, and what the numbers are for the stem, and any other replaceable parts.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
call 1-800-4KOHLER and they will probably send you the replacements. In many cases LACK of use is harder on a faucet, among other items, than frequent use.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Kohler is up this morning. Here is your diagram:
http://www.kohlerserviceparts.kohle...00-4a&PageNum=0&PageSize=12&GroupID=&SortBy=0

There are no replaceable parts associated with the hot or cold. Just get the new cartridges. Notice that there ARE some seals on the spout. Could your leak involve that area? A leak on the spout nipple might show up as water coming out near the handles.

kohler_k16100.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

GregO

Reaction score
Thank you all and a BIG THANK-YOU to Kohler. I emailed them and without hesitation Kohler mailed me 2 new cartridges. Easy peasy installation.

Thank you Kohler and thank you Terry Love for this site!

Greg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks