Kitchen Stove plug

Users who are viewing this thread

Cshort1

Reaction score
I remodeled my kitchen. my friend instead of asking me to shut the breaker off decided to put the plug back on the wall while I was outside which of course he was extremely lucky he hit something which messed up the plug and tripped the breaker it was wired one way when my brother in law replaced it he switched the wires around now my stove still isn't getting hot The 1st picture is the new one the second is the old one can you tell me what is wrong?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220924-121613_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20220924-121613_Messenger.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 144

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
round conection should be ground the ones on the sides are hot one on top in pic should be neutral.

Justintime

Reaction score
Looks like a NEMA 14-50. Here's the diagram. the picture that is posted appears to be correct, but hard to tell looking at where the bottom wire connections go.

nema-14-50-wiring-diagramf7e1444cc8b00bbc.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks