Kitchen sink won't drain- Help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Kim Babb

Reaction score
Hi, Kitchen sink backed up 3 days ago. Garbage disposal working but water not going down. Have tried, baking soda and vinegar, boiling water, draino and plunging. Went to Lowes and bought a 50 foot auger- have run that through the pipes, after removing the U drain 7 times. Doesn't appear to be clogged. But when I run water, the sink fills up again. Daughter today decided to remove the top on the vent, which is under the sink. Now water is draining out of the vent and not the pipe. Ran dishwasher (because before, the sink was just filling up and I could bail the water) Now that, too, is coming out of the vent. Have called a plumber, but not sure one will come to my house, because of the quarantine.

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
Sounds like the stoppage is way down stream

Possibly try a longer snake down the vent line and let the hot water run very slowly and add liquid soap as it can help being a degreaser

I wish I could be like your plumber and say "sorry we are not making house calls"

Just remember that and try another plumber or a drain cleaning franchise

My guys started @ 6am and possibly will be working past 10 PM tonight

I am in NYC and drove to Danbury Connecticut this morning to meet a guy selling medical grade face masks $6.00 ea min is 100

Safety comes first regardless of price but the plumber shuld just take some precautions and clear the lines without price gouging

We picked up 3 more nursing homes as “their plumber” never showed up .

Now that we are working for the newaccounts I was told our prices are actually cheaper and we offered better service

MACPLUMB

In the Trades
Reaction score
You need a Professional Plumber or Drain Company to run a power snake down the drain
and clear the stoppage

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks