Kitchen sink water lines capped off

Users who are viewing this thread

Odin Robinson

Reaction score
hello,

I remodeled my kitchen and the plumber capped the copper lines with the image below. I am trying to add valves now to the lines, but cannot figure out how to get this off or how it exactly works. Has anyone seen this and know how I can add my valve? thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_1293.JPG
    IMG_1293.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 266

Reach4

Reaction score
The white is PEX A and wonder if the copper/brass is a F1960 expansion fitting. But I am not sure. It may be a sweat (solder) fitting on the bottom that the plumber connected a temporary plug . That is not a normal thing if that is a sweat fitting. A wider photo showing that copper fitting and the pipe leading into it. If it is a copper fitting, you cut the white ring. I use a single edge razor blade held in a Vice-Grip pliers. Don't cut yourself. After the ring is off, apply heat to the pipe. Then wiggle the pipe off of the fitting.

What are the markings on the copper fitting? That could maybe tell what you have there. Let's leave it there... see what you have before deciding what to do next.

What did the plumber tell you or what did you tell the plumber about your intentions for the continuation work?

JWII

Reaction score
You try to save money on plumbing or get someone that says he "knows" plumbing is a big mistake. I couldn't tell you how many guys I've been behind that told the homeowner he knows plumbing. First they pay the idiot that knows plumbing then they have to pay the plumber to not only fix the original problem but the extra bonus problems the guy that knows plumbing made. Do yourself a favor and wait on you plumber.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks